The Magic Wand Shop
Online site only., United Kingdom, 07873432918, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ultimate Magic Guide - Card Tricks and More
This wonderful guide has been created by some of the children of The Children's Cancer Center in New Jersey.
By kind permission, they have allowed The Magic Wand Shop to publish it for all practicing magicians to aid their skills and knowledge.
Thank you children....
The children found further information on www.overnightprints.com/magic-tricks-resource another link they would like to share with Magic Wand Shop viewers.
The Ultimate Magic Guide: Card Tricks and More!
Have you ever been to a magic show? If you have, it must have been a lot of fun and very exciting! While most magicians are usually adults, some tricks are so easy that even kids can do them. Magic is actually all about illusion. An illusion is something that you can see, but it tricks the brain so that we believe it is actually something else. For example, when we see a card trick, it might seem like pure magic when the magician pulls out the card you guessed from a deck. However, there are many special techniques that they use to figure out which card is yours. Learning magic can actually help us in many ways. Since it requires a lot of practice, magic forces us to become self-disciplined and makes our memories sharper. Patter, a tool that many magicians use, is simply a way of speaking to distract the audience while you work on the magic trick. Performing a magic show helps us to build our self-confidence and public speaking skills. Since several magic tricks are based on math and science, it’s a fun way for us to improve our knowledge of these areas.
Magic Card Tricks and More!
- Magic was practiced very differently in Ancient Egypt.
- Over the years, there are many aspects of magic that have remained the same.
- Harry Houdini was a magician who is still considered one of the most famous in the world.
- Harry Kellar, another famous magician, used to perform in the late 1800s and early 1900s.
- Magic is all about optical illusions. (PDF)
- Learn how to organize a magic show with preparation, plenty of practice, props, and patter (talking to distract the audience). (PDF)
- Research more about the world of magic by completing a series of research quests and activities. (PDF)
- Practice by playing an online card trick game and see if you can figure out how it works.
- Print a magic-themed postcard as an invitation to your magic show.
- No magician is ready without their very own magician’s hat! (PDF)
- Don’t forget to make a magic wand too.
- Find out how to make two paper clips magically hook to each other.
- Why do magicians say “abracadabra” before revealing a magic trick?
- As you start to learn magic tricks, keep this magic dictionary on hand to look up difficult words.
- Explore The Magic Hat to learn several fun magic tricks.
- When an audience member picks a card from the deck, use a little nifty shuffling to amaze them when you identify their card!
- The Floating Cup and other tricks are perfect for kids to try out.
- Astonish your friends with a coin trick that uses some smart math principles. (PDF)
- Making a coin or other objects disappear always fascinates audiences!
- Try the Water Vanishing Trick to warm up the crowd at the beginning of the show.
- Some of the best magic tricks only involve very few props or none at all.
- Guess anyone’s birth year with an old math magic trick.
- Use some basic arithmetic to create impressive mind-reading tricks.
- Learn how to make it look like you’ve lost your thumb and then replaced it again!
- Can a card really disappear entirely into thin air?
- Learning basic tricks is a great way to help you gradually advance towards more complex ones.
- Make a piece of rope appear to be cut and then put it back together again.
- Make a trick bag as a prop for one of your magic tricks.
- Tricks with coins, string, and handkerchiefs are fun and easy to do!
- Try the Enchanted Card Trick to leave your audience spellbound.
- Find out how to multiply coins and produce multiple items from an empty box.
- An ordinary mirror trick can turn a person into a puppet!
- Cheer up sick kids at the hospital by performing a magic show for them.
- To learn more about magic, browse through a list of magic resources for kids.
- Hardcore kid magicians can even join the Society of Young Magicians in Boston.
- Dallas, Texas is also home to a Young Magicians Club.
- Find out where plenty of other young magicians meet in states all over the US!
- For more magic fun, visit the Martinka Museum of Magic in New Jersey.